- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - 2016-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2014
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
News spreads quickly around the world in the immediate aftermath of a crisis. Details, videos, and testimonials circulate on the web and via media outlets within seconds of a natural disaster or the outbreak of violence.
But for people in the midst of the crisis, getting information is usually much harder. Power goes down. Mobile networks fail. Local journalists can be victims and even become targets themselves, unable to report out. And survivors are often left to rebuild their lives with no effective means to communicate with those providing aid.
In 2010, Internews Network commits to deepening the innovative use of new technologies in its future emergency and humanitarian media response programs, enabling disaster affected populations better access to humanitarian media information.