- Office of the UN Resident Coordinator Drought Update No. 2 - Sri Lanka | 19 Sep 2017
- WHO Country Office for Sri Lanka: Floods in Sri Lanka Situation Report No. 5 (28 August 2017)
- WHO: Sri Lanka Dengue Outbreak Situation Report 03, 28 July 2017
Appeals and Funding
- HCT: Floods and Landslides Emergency Response Plan (June - October 2017)
- IFRC: Severe floods and landslides - Emergency appeal n° MDRLK006, 1 Jun 2017
- Disaster Management Center, Ministry of Disaster Management
- Sri Lanka Epidemiology Unit: Dengue Surveillance Trends
- Sri Lanka Department of Meteorology
- Sri Lanka Red Cross Society
- United Nations Sri Lanka
- Shelter Cluster: Sri Lanka Floods 2017
- Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC)
- Sri Lanka Mine Action - Country profile
- Human Rights Watch: Sri Lanka - Events of 2016
- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Sep 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2014
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
OFID Quarterly examines the wellbeing, safety of children across the world
Vienna, Austria, August 2, 2017. “I like schnitzels, but some food, I don't like,” says 14 year-old Shokria, who is originally from Afghanistan. “I miss some special food from Afghanistan.” Shokria left her home when her father was killed and has been in Vienna for nearly two years. Her story is just one of many perspectives on child refugees examined by the July edition of the OFID Quarterly magazine, which is circulating as of today.
Vienna, Austria, December 12, 2012. The Governing Board of the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID), meeting in its 141st Session, has approved 22 loans and grants totaling nearly US$300 million to boost socio-economic development in 23 partner countries. The bulk of the public sector loans will co-finance projects aimed at enhancing the transportation and energy sectors of the recipient countries, as well as the agriculture, education and health sectors.
Sixty-first General Assembly
52nd & 53rd Meetings (AM & PM)
Assembly Also Considers Strategies to Forestall Disasters, Boost Response; Assistance to Palestinian People; Three Texts on Regional Cooperation Adopted