- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - 2016-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2014
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
Assistance continues in tsunami-devastated Japan
Some four months after the massive March 11 earthquake and tsunami wreaked havoc in Japan, killing more than 15,500 people, much remains to be done. Church World Service continues to work with Japanese partners to assist families and individuals impacted by the disaster. More than 197,000 people from Iwate, Miyagi and Fukushima prefectures continue to live as evacuees.
Some 1.7 million people have been displaced by ongoing fighting between the Pakistan military and Taliban insurgents in the country's North West region.
"Aid is needed today," reports CWS Pakistan/Afghanistan Country Director Marvin Parvez.
While fighting continues between government forces and Tamil Tiger rebels, long-time CWS partner National Christian Council of Sri Lanka reports that internally displaced persons continue to flee into government-controlled areas in the northern part of the country. "People are traveling on foot carrying nothing but their children," they add. With support from Church World Service and others the National Christian Council of Sri Lanka (NCCSL) is helping to meet the emergency needs of some 42,000 internally displaced persons.