- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Sep 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2014
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
BRUSSELS, Mar 2, 2005 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- An umbrella group of aid organizations in the Netherlands has raised 183 million euros (240 million US dollars) through a national campaign to help the victims of December's tsunami in Asia.
TOKYO, Feb 17, 2005 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- The Japan Meteorological Agency will start providing tsunami information to Indian Ocean rim countries, possibly in early March, on a provisional basis, the agency's Director General Koichi Nagasaka announced Thursday.
BEIJING, Jan 31, 2005 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- Millions of US dollars worth Chinese aid pledge to tsunami-hit countries have been mostly fulfilled so far, a Chinese official said here on Monday.
The aid involves a 21.6 million yuan (about 2.6 million US dollars) worth of emergency aid, 500 million yuan worth of damage- relief aid and a 20 million US dollars aid for multi-lateral assistance, according to Chong Quan, spokesman of the Chinese Ministry of Commerce.
The 21.6 million yuan worth of emergency aid has all been delivered so far and over half of the 500 million yuan has been used …