- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2018
- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - 2016-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2014
Most read reports
- Sri Lanka: Community Contributions Redevelop the North and East
- Sri Lanka Disaster Situation Update - Report as at 1200 hrs on 2018. 10. 14
- Situation Report - Sri Lanka 15th October 2018 at 1800hrs
- Distribution of relief packs for drought affected people from today
- Sri Lanka Disaster Situation Update - Report as at 1200 hrs on 2018. 10. 12
Berlin - In 2008, Johanniter mainly focused on providing medical care throughout 22 countries, and invested donations and subsidies in the amount of nine million Euros - half a million more than the previous year. Although, the share of donations has slightly decreased from 2007, subsidies from third-party donors, such as Germany's Foreign Office, have increased.
- World cereal production in 2008 is forecast to increase 2.6 percent to a record 2 164 million tonnes. The bulk of the increase is expected to be in wheat following significant expansion in plantings in major producing countries. Coarse grains output is tentatively forecast to remain around the bumper level of last year. Rice production is foreseen to increase slightly reflecting production incentives in several Asian countries.
- Early prospects point to the possibility of a significant increase in world cereal production in 2008, mainly following expansion of winter grain plantings in Europe and the United States coupled with generally satisfactory weather conditions.
- International prices of most cereals remain high and some are still on the increase.