- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - 2016-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2014
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
Item 69 (b) of the provisional agenda*
Promotion and protection of human rights:
human rights questions, including alternative approaches for improving the effective enjoyment of human rights and fundamental freedoms
The present report outlines the major activities undertaken by the Representative during the period from August 2009 to July 2010.
In 2008, armed conflicts and other situations of violence shattered the lives of large numbers of children, women and men in many countries among which the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Georgia, Pakistan, Somalia, Sri Lanka, the Philippines, Chad and Colombia. Direct attacks on civilian communities, general insecurity and the destruction of livelihoods forced innumerable civilians to flee their homes.
Human Rights Council
The Human Rights Council this morning held an interactive discussion on the reports of the Representative of the Secretary-General on internally displaced persons, the Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons, especially women and children, the Special Adviser to the Secretary-General on the prevention of genocide, and the Independent Expert on Minority Issues.
Sixty-third General Assembly
26th & 27th Meetings (AM & PM)
Presentations Also Address Foreign Debt, Right to Development, Internally Displaced Persons, Transnational Corporations, Health