- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2018
- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - 2016-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2014
MUSHROOMS ADDRESS ISSUES OF FOOD SECURITY
The food security situation has much improved thanks to good harvests this year, but pockets of food insecurity are predicted among poor households who lost livestock last year in northern Badakhshan and the Wakhan Corridor. GHNI is now expanding its mushroom project, working with widows to yield income by providing more mushroom spores as a small business opportunity.
Mali to Burkina Faso
GHNI SEEKS TO HELP REFUGEES IN POOR VILLAGES
A summary of news and reports from the field staff and interns of GHNI, Geneva Switzerland.
AFGHANISTAN: HELPING FARMERS TOWARDS SELF SUSTAINABILITY
GHNI’s Project Manager reports: “Oribigud Village was facing water shortages both for irrigation and household use. The line from the mountain spring to the village was broken and the water that ran through the channel was insufficient to reach the village in the fall. However, this water line was just fixed, bringing water to the village.”
BURKINA FASO: NEW VILLAGE TCD WORK LAUNCHED
There are many parts of the world suffering from malnutrition and hunger that adversely affect mental and physical growth of the affected individuals. Many a times, these effects are irreversible. Apart from being an unacceptable phenomenon morally, hunger also acts as an obstruction to the economic and social growth of the poorest nations. Recent food crises and economic downturns have further deteriorated the situation especially in areas like the Horn of Africa and Sahel.
FOCUS South Sudan: A new crisis country