- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - 2016-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2014
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
Recovering women's livelihoods together
SRI LANKA: More than 30,000 people were killed and 550,000 lost their homes when the 2004 tsunami hit Sri Lanka.
Two years later, people are still struggling. As well as losing family and friends, many survivors lost their farms, businesses, and even simple tools of trade, like hoes and weaving equipment. Earning an income has become difficult.
In partnership with ActionAid International and Women and Child Care Organisation (WACCO), Austcare is contributing to a livelihood recovery project for tsunami-affected women living in …