- Office of the UN Resident Coordinator Drought Update No. 2 - Sri Lanka | 19 Sep 2017
- WHO Country Office for Sri Lanka: Floods in Sri Lanka Situation Report No. 5 (28 August 2017)
- WHO: Sri Lanka Dengue Outbreak Situation Report 03, 28 July 2017
Appeals and Funding
- HCT: Floods and Landslides Emergency Response Plan (June - October 2017)
- IFRC: Severe floods and landslides - Emergency appeal n° MDRLK006, 1 Jun 2017
- Disaster Management Center, Ministry of Disaster Management
- Sri Lanka Epidemiology Unit: Dengue Surveillance Trends
- Sri Lanka Department of Meteorology
- Sri Lanka Red Cross Society
- United Nations Sri Lanka
- Shelter Cluster: Sri Lanka Floods 2017
- Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC)
- Sri Lanka Mine Action - Country profile
- Human Rights Watch: Sri Lanka - Events of 2016
- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Sep 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2014
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
JOHANNESBOURG, 26 novembre 2012 (IRIN) - Les crises de réfugiés semblent commencer et se terminer. En 2011, tous les yeux étaient tournés vers le complexe de réfugiés de Dadaab, dans le nord du Kenya, alors qu’il accueillait des centaines de milliers de Somaliens qui fuyaient la famine et le conflit. Cette année, c’est l’exode des réfugiés syriens qui a attiré l’attention du public, même si la majorité des Somaliens qui sont arrivés à Dadaab l’an dernier y sont toujours.
JOHANNESBURG, 21 November 2012 (IRIN) - Refugee crises appear to come and go. In 2011, all eyes were on the Dadaab refugee complex in northern Kenya as it received hundreds of thousands of Somalis fleeing famine and conflict. This year, attention has shifted to the refugee exodus from Syria, even though the majority of Somalis who arrived at Dadaab last year are still there.
GENÈVE, 22 janvier 2012 (IRIN) - Les gouvernements de 15 pays parmi les plus touchés par les déplacements internes n'ont pas réussi à protéger les personnes déplacées à l'intérieur de leur propre pays (PDIP) de manière satisfaisante et, dans de nombreux cas, ils portent la responsabilité des violences ou des maltraitances qui ont provoqué les déplacements, a indiqué une étude réalisée par l'institution Brookings et la London School of Economics (LSE).
GENEVA, 20 January 2012 (IRIN) - The governments of 15 countries most affected by internal displacement have failed to adequately protect internally displaced persons (IDPs), and in many cases have themselves been perpetrators of violence or abuses that led to the displacements, according to a Brookings-London School of Economics study.
“The key finding in this study is that the governments do not quite meet the benchmarks,” for adequate protection of IDPs, UN Special Rapporteur on the Human Rights of IDPs Chaloka Beyani told IRIN.
NAIROBI, 5 May 2009 (IRIN) - More people were newly displaced last year compared with the previous year, but the number living in other parts of their homeland globally remained stable over the same period, according to a report by the Norwegian Refugee Council's Geneva-based Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre, which was released in New York.
It stated that the 26 million internally displaced people (IDP) included 4.6 million newly displaced in 2008, up 900,000 from 2007, and an equivalent …
[This report does not necessarily reflect the views of the United Nations]
NEW YORK, 21 December (IRIN) - The high-level conference on the expanded United Nations Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) held in New York on 7 December was significant for two reasons: it was well attended, and the response was unprecedented, with 51 donors - including 16 new ones - pledging US $345 million for 2007.
Some donors were not yet able to confirm their contributions, while the United Kingdom, Sweden and Norway, promised multi-annual funds.