- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2018
- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - 2016-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2014
Most read reports
- Army Distributes Own Drinking Water to the Drought-Affected in Kopay
- IOM Trains Sri Lankan Aircrew to Identify, Report Human Trafficking
- Japan grants US$ 1.25 million for demining in the North
- Dengue fever fears grow as rains cause flooding and landslides in Sri Lanka
- Epidemiology Unit, Ministry of Health: Dengue Update, 14 August 2018
Human Rights Council
REFUGEE NEWS BRIEFINGS
SUDAN: DETERIORATING SECURITY HAMPERS PROVISION OF HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE
According to a UN refugee agency (UNHCR) statement on 24 March, the deteriorating security situation in several parts of southern Sudan is hampering the return of Sudanese refugees and disrupting humanitarian activities in the area.
In mid-March, life in the border towns of Yei, Nimule and Kapoeta was brought to a standstill when war veterans from the Sudan People's Liberation Army (SPLA) organised coordinated protests. The veterans claim they have not been paid their …
We are pleased to announce an additional contribution of $138 million toward the 2008 operations of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
This contribution is in addition to previously announced U.S. contributions totaling $95.4 million for UNHCR's Iraq programs and another nearly $10 million provided to support the organization's refugee resettlement efforts.
The European Commission has adopted a €160 million food aid decision targeting an estimated 18.7 million people living in regions such as sub-Saharan Africa, Asia, the Caucasus, the Middle East and North Africa. This funding decision, the largest ever launched by the Commission's Humanitarian Aid department, aims to meet the needs of the most vulnerable people facing food shortages due to natural catastrophes, economic and political crises, and armed conflicts. It is the first food aid decision for 2008.
Conflicts, bad weather cause African food problems
Committee Also Hears Introduction of 17 Draft Resolutions on Human Rights
Fifty-ninth General Assembly
40th & 41st Meetings (AM & PM)
Security issues due to armed conflicts and the threat of terrorism are becoming one of the major challenges to humanitarian operations, delegates today told the Third Committee (Social, Humanitarian and Cultural) as it concluded its general discussion on refugees, returnees and displaced persons.