- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Sep 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2014
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Sri Lanka Rapid Post Disaster Needs Assessment: Floods and Landslides, May 2017
- Epidemiology Unit, Ministry of Health: Dengue update, 22 November 2017
- Over 61,000 in 11 districts affected due to bad weather
- Epidemiology Unit, Ministry of Health: Dengue update, 17 November 2017
- Epidemiology Unit, Ministry of Health: Dengue update, 30 November 2017
Tsunamis are rare, powerful and unpredictable natural hazards, with devastating consequences for coastal populations caught in their path. The vast majority are caused by earthquakes in active seismic areas and occur along a limited range of inhabited shores around the world (Figure 1). In total, 16 major tsunamis killed 250,900 people in 21 countries between 1996 and 2015, according to EM-DAT records.
FOCUS South Sudan: A new crisis country
WFP is deeply concerned that the scourge of hunger and malnutrition is on the increase across the developing world, with now over a billion hungry people on the planet. The global economic downturn is exacerbating the impact of the food crisis and increasing food insecurity for the world's most vulnerable people, reversing progress toward the Millennium Development Goals.
Agriculture, Coordination and Support Services, Food, Health, Infrastructure and Rehabilitation, Mine Action, Protection / Human Rights / Rule of Law, Refugees and IDPs, Security, Shelter and Non-food Items
(B) Middle East,Central Asia and Eastern Europe: (1) Lebanon
(C) East & Central Africa: (1) Burundi (2) Congo, DR (3) Ethiopia (4) Kenya (5) Rwanda (6) Somalia (7) Sudan (8) Tanzania (9) Uganda
(D) West Africa: (1) Chad (2) Cote d'Ivoire (3) Guinea (4) Liberia (5) Niger
(E) Asia: (1) Afghanistan (2) Sri Lanka (3) Timor Leste
(F) Latin America and …
This Programme Update is intended for reporting on Annual Appeals.
Appeal Target: CHF 3,500,000
Period covered: April - June 2002; Next report expected in October
"At a Glance"
Appeal coverage: 40.8%
Related Appeals: N/A
Outstanding needs: CHF 2.2 million
Within the reporting period, the Federation continued pursuing its goal of enabling the capability to respond quickly, effectively and efficiently to disasters while guaranteeing a line of credit for new emergencies.