- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - 2016-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2014
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
Thursday 22 December 2011
2011 has been the busiest year for Save the Children’s Humanitarian Emergencies team in our 90-year history: 45 emergency responses, in 38 different countries. We’re really very tired.
But the first few days of an emergency are critical. It’s simple. It’s life and death. The faster we respond, the more lives we save.
This year we flew aid planes into conflict zones, faced a nuclear threat in Japan, and launched responses in the aftermath of countless floods, droughts and earthquakes.
On the frontline
Afghanistan What's happening in Afghanistan?