- Sri Lanka: Dengue Outbreak - Jul 2017
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2017
- Sri Lanka: Drought - 2016-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Roanu - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - May 2016
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Sep 2015
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2014
- Sri Lanka: Drought - Aug 2014
- Sri Lanka: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2014
- Tropical Cyclone Mahasen - May 2013
Independent, local media can improve humanitarian relief and enable people in the midst of crisis to take an active role in their own survival and recovery. In the past 20 years, the humanitarian community has dramatically improved the way relief is provided to people caught up in disasters and crises. However, much more could be done to keep those most affected by disaster informed of assistance efforts and able to engage in the relief process.
The first priority for humanitarian organizations is to provide services and critical aid.