Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- OHCHR: UN report urges accountability for Libya airstrike deaths. 27 Jan 2020
- UNICEF: Tens of thousands of children at risk in Libya amidst violence and chaos of unrelenting conflict. 17 Jan 2020
- IOM: Nearly 1,000 migrants returned to Libya in the first two weeks of 2020. 14 Jan 2020
- UNICEF: Fighting in and around Tripoli shuts 210 schools. 6 Jan 2020
Most read reports
- OHCHR: UN report urges accountability for Libya airstrike deaths [EN/AR]. 27 Jan 2020
- OHCHR: The airstrikes on the Daman building complex, including the Tajoura Detention Centre, 2 July 2019. 27 Jan 2020
- UNICEF: Libya: Tens of thousands of children at risk amidst violence and chaos of unrelenting conflict. 17 Jan 2020
- IOM: Nearly 1,000 migrants returned to Libya in the first two weeks of 2020: IOM. 14 Jan 2020
- MSF: El Ocean Viking rescata a 407 personas en 5 operaciones nocturnas en el Mediterráneo central en 72 horas. 27 Jan 2020
Snapshot 16 – 22 March
Somalia: On 15 March Al Shabaab moved into Puntland and seized control of Garad, a port town. In the following days Al Shabaab captured another coastal town in Nugaal region and attacked a security checkpoint near Bosaso. Most of the residents are reported to have fled the area. Al Shabaab has previously been active in Puntland, but generally around its base of the Galgala Mountains, west of Bosaso, and it has not attempted to take territory.
Snapshot 9 – 15 March
Yemen: Insecurity in Aden is increasing, with attacks carried out on civilian targets. At least 150 people have been reported killed in the past three months, including at least 50 in March. Humanitarian actors have increasing difficulty to carry out operations. In Taizz, the west of the city has been taken by pro-Hadi forces after heavy fighting: fighting for the east continues.
Snapshot 2–8 March 2016
Malawi and Mozambique: Flooding and drought have led to the most severe food crisis Malawi has faced in a decade: 2.8 million people face acute food insecurity, including 900,000 facing Crisis (IPC Phase 3) food security outcomes. In Mozambique, an estimated 600,000 people are in Crisis due to drought. In addition, 9,300 Mozambicans in Malawi who fled armed conflict need WASH, health and shelter assistance.