Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNHCR: UNHCR expands help to refugees in urban areas in Libya. 28 Nov 2019
- IOM: Urgent shift needed in approach to the situation in Libya. 21 Nov 2019
Most read reports
- UNICEF: The U.S. Government Pledges US$ 1,500,000 to Support Child Protection and Health Service Delivery in Libya. 5 Dec 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Update Libya (6 December 2019) [EN/AR]. 6 Dec 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR expands help to refugees in urban areas in Libya, reassesses role of Gathering and Departure Facility [EN/AR]. 28 Nov 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Libya Response in 2019 (6 December 2019) [EN/AR]. 6 Dec 2019
- MMC: What makes refugees and migrants vulnerable to detention in Libya? A microlevel study of the determinants of detention. 3 Dec 2019
Pakistan: Drought conditions in Sindh have affected nearly 1.7 million people; nearly 500 have died in Tharparkar, including 296 children. In FATA, the number of people displaced by the military’s operation Khyber One in the Tirah Valley has grown to 440,000 people, adding to 993,000 displaced by operations in North Waziristan.
Liberia: Two million children are thought to be affected by the consequences of the Ebola epidemic. High levels of unemployment are affecting income: 70% of households in a recent survey said they do not have enough money to afford food.
Our Strategic Commitments
• Impartiality – We maintain impartiality in the selection of our staff. The selection of our beneficiaries will be purely on a needs basis and not based on race, religion and/or political affiliation.
• Staff Integrity – We maintain a workforce that will adhere to basic moral and ethical principles.
• Continuous Improvement – We monitor and evaluate our work in order to improve on our past experiences and provide better humanitarian services as we progress.