Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- OCHA: Humanitarian Coordinator for Libya El Hillo condemns increasing attacks on civilians, calls for the respect of international humanitarian law and protection of civilians [EN/AR]. 8 Oct 2019
- UNSMIL: UNSMIL shocked by attack on a civilian-populated area in Tripoli killing young children. 14 Oct 2019
- UNDP: Strengthening Local Capacities for Resilience and Recovery Project Updates Phase II. 14 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: Libya: Activities at Disembarkation, Monthly Update - September 2019. 11 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Update Libya (11 October 2019) [EN/AR]. 11 Oct 2019
Sep 1, 2012 - 08:46 -
WAM TRIPOLI: Twenty tonnes of stationary and school bags and clothes for displaced students were delivered by the Red Crescent Authority (RCA) to the Libyan Red Crescent today on directives from President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan and His Highness Gen. Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces.
The effort for Libya is being followed up on by H.H. Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Ruler's Representative in the Western Region and Chairman of RCA.
A UAE convoy, carrying 735 tons of foodstuff, medicines, medical equipment and 6 ambulances, arrived in Benghazi yesterday as part of the aid consignment ordered dispatched by President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan to the people of brotherly Libya. Head of the relief team Abdul Rahman Abdul Aziz said the UAE had, so far, provided over 3,000 tons of relief materials to Libya, including 30 ambulances. The team's deputy head Saleh bin Ashour said the carefully selected materials were bought from the Egyptian market, based on a study of the actual needs in Libya.