Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- FAO: FAO & WFP Mark World Food Day in Libya [EN/AR]. 16 Oct 2019
- OCHA: Humanitarian Coordinator for Libya El Hillo condemns increasing attacks on civilians, calls for the respect of international humanitarian law and protection of civilians [EN/AR]. 8 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Resettlement Update #82 - Libya-Niger Situation. 16 Oct 2019
- UNSMIL: Three months after the kidnapping of MP Sergewa, UNSMIL calls for her immediate releases and all victims of enforced disappearance in Libya. 17 Oct 2019
- FAO: GIEWS Country Brief: Libya 17-October-2019. 17 Oct 2019
Affected areas Kirkuk and Salah Din governorates
Cause of displacement Conflict
Figures More than 133,000 new displacements between 21 September and 17 October
Snapshot 17–23 February 2016
DRC: More than 35,000 people have lost shelter in Zongo, Sud-Ubangi, due to forest fires that have been affecting the territory since mid-December. The fires have destroyed over 2,600 hectares of crops. Assistance delivery is hampered by bad road conditions between Gemena and Zongo.
Natural disasters, including drought, earthquakes, floods, and wildfires, as well as ongoing complex emergencies and limited government capacity in the region, present significant challenges to vulnerable populations in Europe, the Middle East, and Central Asia (EMCA). Between Fiscal Year (FY) 2003 and FY 2012, USAID’s Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (USAID/OFDA) and USAID’s Office of Food for Peace (USAID/FFP) provided assistance in response to a range of disasters, including floods, wildfires, winter emergencies, and complex crises.