Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- MSF: Closure of detention centre exposes migrants and refugees to even worse conditions. 17 Oct 2019
- UNSMIL: Three months after the kidnapping of MP Sergewa, UNSMIL calls for her immediate release and all victims of enforced disappearance in Libya. 17 Oct 2019
- FAO: GIEWS Country Brief: Libya 17-October-2019. 17 Oct 2019
- OCHA: Humanitarian Coordinator for Libya El Hillo condemns increasing attacks on civilians, calls for the respect of international humanitarian law and protection of civilians [EN/AR]. 8 Oct 2019
- FAO: FAO & WFP Mark World Food Day in Libya [EN/AR]. 16 Oct 2019
JERUSALEM, 10 November 2009 (IRIN) - Aid groups and several members of parliament (MPs) are outraged by what seems to be the toughening of Israeli policy towards asylum-seekers illegally entering the country.
An “infiltration” law, the first draft of which has passed through parliament, is up for approval in the coming weeks despite efforts by NGOs to stop it. If approved, the law will regard anyone illegally entering the country as a criminal, and will allow a sentence of up to seven years for any asylum-seeker from an “enemy” country.