Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- MSF: SOS MEDITERRANEE and MSF call on European leaders to urgently allow disembarkation of 104 survivors. 28 Oct 2019
- ECHO: European Commission announces €2 million in humanitarian assistance to cover basic needs in Libya. 21 Oct 2019
- MSF: Closure of detention centre in Libya exposes migrants and refugees to even worse conditions. 17 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- UNHCR: UNHCR Resettlement Update #86 - Libya-Niger Situation. 13 Nov 2019
- Protection Cluster: Libya Gender-Based Violence AOR (Jan - Sept 2019) [EN/AR]. 12 Nov 2019
- OCHA: Libya: Humanitarian Dashboard (January - September 2019). 11 Nov 2019
- UNICEF: Our Education, Our Future: "The Ministry of Education and UNICEF launch this year’s Back to School Campaign". 6 Nov 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Update Libya (8 November 2019 ) [EN/AR]. 8 Nov 2019
TRENDS AND KEY FIGURES
Over 19,900 refugees and migrants arrived in Europe via the three Mediterranean routes in September 2019. In the first nine months of the year, the number of refugees and migrants arriving in Europe by these three routes dropped by 21% from 102,700 in 2018 to 81,000 in 2019. Most refugees and migrants entering Europe via the Mediterranean routes this year did so via Greece.
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.