Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- IOM: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Libya’s Migrant Report: Round 27 | August - September 2019. 10 Dec 2019
- OCHA: Libya’s Humanitarian Coordinator underlines the need to restore essential services for people affected by conflict. 8 Dec 2019
- IPI: The Situation in Libya Can, And May, Get Much Worse. 10 Dec 2019
- IOM: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Libya’s Flow Monitoring Migrant Report: Round 27 | Key Findings (Aug - Sep 2019). 10 Dec 2019
- UNSMIL: SRSG Ghassan Salamé Message on Human Rights Day. 10 Dec 2019
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.