Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: Tens of thousands of children at risk in Libya amidst violence and chaos of unrelenting conflict. 17 Jan 2020
- IOM: Nearly 1,000 migrants returned to Libya in the first two weeks of 2020. 14 Jan 2020
- UNICEF: Fighting in and around Tripoli shuts 210 schools. 6 Jan 2020
- UNSMIL: SRSG in Libya condemns continued airstrikes causing deaths and injuries among civilians. 29 Dec 2019
Most read reports
- UNICEF: “Mainstreaming Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Education sector”. 24 Jan 2020
- UNICEF: Libya: Tens of thousands of children at risk amidst violence and chaos of unrelenting conflict. 17 Jan 2020
- IOM: Nearly 1,000 migrants returned to Libya in the first two weeks of 2020: IOM. 14 Jan 2020
- ACLED: ACLED Regional Overview – Africa (12-18 January 2020). 22 Jan 2020
- UNHCR: UNHCR Update Libya (24 January 2020). 24 Jan 2020
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.