Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- MSF: Closure of detention centre exposes migrants and refugees to even worse conditions. 17 Oct 2019
- HRW: Libya: Deadly Airstrike Apparently Unlawful. 19 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Libya Response in 2019 (18 October 2019) [EN/AR]. 18 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Update Libya (18 October 2019) [EN/AR]. 18 Oct 2019
- UNSMIL: Three months after the kidnapping of MP Sergewa, UNSMIL calls for her immediate release and all victims of enforced disappearance in Libya. 17 Oct 2019
H.E. the Ambassador of Germany to Libya, Mr. Oliver Owcza, and United Nations Development Programme Country Director, Mr. Sultan Hajiyev, signed today an agreement whereby Germany will contribute 1.3 million euros to the United Nations Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL) and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Policing and Security Joint Project.
Tripoli, 6 August 2018 – As part of its efforts to strengthen the participation of all Libyans in the process of reconciliation, the United Nations Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL) and the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) today launched the “Al-Solh Khair” (“Reconciliation is Good”) media campaign.
This nationwide initiative aims to raise awareness among citizens about the importance played by dialogue, local reconciliation agreements and social cohesion in achieving peace in the country.
Following the decision of the Stabilization Facility for Libya Project Board last week to initiate a quick assessment in Benghazi, Kikla and Obari, the Netherlands and UNDP signed today an Agreement for two million euros towards the Stabilization Facility for Libya.
The Stabilization Facility is an initiative of the Libyan Government of National Accord (GNA), implemented by UNDP and supported by the international community.