Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- ECHO: European Commission announces €2 million in humanitarian assistance to cover basic needs in Libya. 21 Oct 2019
- MSF: Closure of detention centre in Libya exposes migrants and refugees to even worse conditions. 17 Oct 2019
- OCHA: UN Humanitarian Coordinator for Libya condemns increasing attacks on civilians. 8 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- ECHO: Libya: €2 million in humanitarian assistance to cover basic needs. 21 Oct 2019
- MSF: Closure of detention centre exposes migrants and refugees to even worse conditions. 17 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Resettlement Update #83 - Libya-Niger Situation. 23 Oct 2019
- UNICEF: Seven children reported killed and scores injured as violence continues in Libya. 22 Oct 2019
- IOM: IOM Libya Update, 01 - 15 October 2019. 22 Oct 2019
23 November 2011
The following statement is issued on behalf of Valerie Amos, United Nations Emergency Relief Coordinator; Helen Clark, UNDP Administrator; and Navanethem Pillay, United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights.
In November 2003, a group of United Nations agencies and other organizations involved in humanitarian action called on States to immediately stop using cluster munitions pending the agreement of an international treaty that would address the appalling humanitarian and development consequences of this insidious weapon.