Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- OCHA: Humanitarian Coordinator for Libya El Hillo condemns increasing attacks on civilians, calls for the respect of international humanitarian law and protection of civilians [EN/AR]. 8 Oct 2019
- FAO: FAO & WFP Mark World Food Day in Libya [EN/AR]. 16 Oct 2019
- UNSMIL: UNSMIL shocked by attack on a civilian-populated area in Tripoli killing young children. 14 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: Libya: Activities at Disembarkation, Monthly Update - September 2019. 11 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Update Libya (11 October 2019) [EN/AR]. 11 Oct 2019
UNDP provides support to nearly 170 countries, about 40 of which are affected by crisis and have received rule of law support through the Global Programme for Strengthening the Rule of Law in Crisis-Affected and Fragile Situations.
Disasters, violent conflict, and economic and climate-related turbulence continue to claim lives, destroy economies and livelihoods, and undermine development progress for millions of people. Crisis prevention, recovery and reducing the vulnerability of countries to catastrophe are cornerstones of UNDP’s work. As part of UNDP, the Bureau for Crisis Prevention and Recovery (BCPR) was established to support innovative approaches to crisis prevention, early warning and conflict resolution, as well as to help bridge the gap between emergency relief and long-term development.