Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- UNHCR: UNHCR Update Libya (15 November 2019) [EN/AR]. 15 Nov 2019
- IOM: Hunger, displacement and migration - A joint innovative approach to assessing needs of migrants in Libya. 15 Nov 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Libya Response in 2019 (15 November 2019) [EN/AR]. 15 Nov 2019
- Protection Cluster: Libya Gender-Based Violence AOR Jan-Sept 2019 Updates [EN/AR]. 12 Nov 2019
- UNICEF: Our Education, Our Future: "The Ministry of Education and UNICEF launch this year’s Back to School Campaign". 6 Nov 2019
A campaign that won legal recognition for Arab women’s citizenship rights in nine jurisdictions is providing inspiration and tactical lessons for women facing growing discrimination across the Middle East.
With support from IDRC, the Beirut-based Collective for Research and Training on Development-Action (CRTD.A) launched a regional research effort in 2002 to examine how women’s lack of citizenship rights leads to the denial of a host of other rights.
On 30 January, UNESCO Director-General, Irina Bokova, and His Excellency Mr. Antti Kuosmanen, Ambassador and Permanent Delegate of Finland to UNESCO, signed an agreement by which Finland will contribute 2.3 million Euros to support UNESCO’s activities in the field of freedom of expression in Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia and Yemen.