Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- FAO: FAO & WFP Mark World Food Day in Libya [EN/AR]. 16 Oct 2019
- OCHA: Humanitarian Coordinator for Libya El Hillo condemns increasing attacks on civilians, calls for the respect of international humanitarian law and protection of civilians [EN/AR]. 8 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: Libya: Activities at Disembarkation, Monthly Update - September 2019. 11 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Update Libya (11 October 2019) [EN/AR]. 11 Oct 2019
- UNSMIL: UNSMIL shocked by attack on a civilian-populated area in Tripoli killing young children. 14 Oct 2019
A new mental health programme is ready to transform Libya’s institution-based approach to a community-based approach to mental health care.
Decades of neglect and the 2011 conflict have left Libya’s mental health system in tatters, with only 12 psychiatrists, and services highly centralized at the two psychiatric hospitals in the country’s two largest cities, Tripoli and Benghazi.