Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- UNHCR: UNHCR Update Libya (15 November 2019) [EN/AR]. 15 Nov 2019
- IOM: Hunger, displacement and migration - A joint innovative approach to assessing needs of migrants in Libya. 15 Nov 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Libya Response in 2019 (15 November 2019) [EN/AR]. 15 Nov 2019
- Protection Cluster: Libya Gender-Based Violence AOR Jan-Sept 2019 Updates [EN/AR]. 12 Nov 2019
- UNICEF: Our Education, Our Future: "The Ministry of Education and UNICEF launch this year’s Back to School Campaign". 6 Nov 2019
28.8 million internally displaced people worldwide in 2012, record high includes five-fold increase in Syria
GENEVA, 29 APRIL 2013: The number of people internally displaced by armed conflict, violence and human rights violations at the end of 2012 was 28.8 million, an increase of 2.4 million people on the previous year and the highest global figure ever reported by the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC).
Release of the 2011-12 Annual Review of Aid Effectiveness
The inaugural Annual Review of Aid Effectiveness was released today by Foreign Minister Bob Carr. This new and important document is part of a suite of reforms flowing from the 2011 Independent Review of Aid Effectiveness. Its purpose is to inform Cabinet discussion of the four-year budget strategy outlined in the Comprehensive Aid Policy Framework and report on the aid program’s performance against the Framework.