Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- IOM: IOM Libya Update, 01 - 15 November 2019. 19 Nov 2019
- FAO: FAO concludes the fourth capacity-building training with Libyan partners in Alzintan. 19 Nov 2019
- UN SC: Foreign Involvement in Libya Must be Stopped, Top Official Tells Security Council, Describing ‘Race Against Time’ to Reach Peaceful Solution, Spare Lives. 18 Nov 2019
- UNSMIL: SRSG Ghassan Salame Briefing to the Security Council - 18 November 2019. 18 Nov 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Update Libya (15 November 2019) [EN/AR]. 15 Nov 2019
Lord Ahmad publishes Annual Human Rights Report 2017
Minister for Human Rights Lord Tariq Ahmad of Wimbledon, publishes the Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s 2017 Annual Human Rights and Democracy Report.
Today (16 July) Lord Ahmad, the Minister for Human Rights Lord Tariq Ahmad of Wimbledon, publishes the Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s 2017 Annual Human Rights and Democracy Report.
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.