Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- IOM: IOM: Urgent Shift Needed in Approach to the Situation in Libya. 21 Nov 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Update Libya (22 November 2019). 22 Nov 2019
- IOM: IOM Libya Update, 01 - 15 November 2019. 19 Nov 2019
- UNHCR: Libya: Registration Fact Sheet (October 2019). 22 Nov 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Libya Response in 2019 (22 November 2019) [EN/AR]. 22 Nov 2019
This monthly digest comprises threats and incidents of violence affecting the delivery of humanitarian assistance. It is prepared by Insecurity Insight from information available in open sources.
13 November 2017: Save the Children announced that it had fired 16 staff over reports of sexual violence in the past year. Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Dear friends and colleagues,
IRIN is ending the year on a high.
Our climate change expert, Jaspreet Kindra, was invited to chair two separate panel discussions at COP 17 in Durban, and our PlusNews staffer, Keisha Rukikaire-Kagwa, was part of a satellite discussion on HIV in emergencies at the ICASA HIV/AIDS conference in Addis Ababa – great recognition of the quality of their work.