Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- ECHO: European Commission announces €2 million in humanitarian assistance to cover basic needs in Libya. 21 Oct 2019
- MSF: Closure of detention centre in Libya exposes migrants and refugees to even worse conditions. 17 Oct 2019
- OCHA: UN Humanitarian Coordinator for Libya condemns increasing attacks on civilians. 8 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- ECHO: Libya: €2 million in humanitarian assistance to cover basic needs. 21 Oct 2019
- MSF: Closure of detention centre exposes migrants and refugees to even worse conditions. 17 Oct 2019
- OCHA: Humanitarian Coordinator for Libya El Hillo condemns increasing attacks on civilians, calls for the respect of international humanitarian law and protection of civilians [EN/AR]. 8 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Update Libya (18 October 2019) [EN/AR]. 18 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Libya Response in 2019 (18 October 2019) [EN/AR]. 18 Oct 2019
Our analysis shows that millions of ‘people caught in crisis’ - people living in conflict, and/or who are displaced within their own countries or across borders – are in fact being left behind. Failure to take action now means that the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) will not be met, undermining the credibility of the international community and leaving millions to die unnecessarily.
CERF announces new findings in latest Results Report
Claudia Hargarten June 26, 2018
A new Results Report takes stock of how a US$439 million humanitarian investment from more than 50 donors delivered life-saving assistance to over 22 million people facing the consequences of natural disasters and conflict around the world.
CERF enables fast, flexible and needs-based support for people affected by humanitarian emergencies. The UN General Assembly established the fund in 2005 to provide timely assistance in crises. Since its operational launch in 2006, CERF has developed a reputation for its ability to kick-start humanitarian action, scale up the response to emergencies and serve as a lifeline for people struggling to survive in the world’s most underfunded crises.
El CIVICUS Monitor, una nueva herramienta de investigación online que califica el espacio cívico y documenta las violaciones a los derechos en todo el mundo, pone de manifiesto un impacto global.
Los gobiernos restringen el espacio cívico y callan las voces disidentes
L’impact mondial est exposé au grand jour par le CIVICUS Monitor, un nouvel outil de recherche en ligne notant l'espace civique dans le monde et documentant les violations des droits.
Les gouvernements referment l'espace civique et font taire les voix dissidentes
Global impact laid bare by the CIVICUS Monitor, a new online research tool that rates civic space around the world and documents violations of rights
Governments shutting down civic space and shutting up dissenting voices
Joint IDMC-UNHCR press release - A record 33.3 million now displaced by war worldwide, as one family flees inside Syria every 60 seconds - Report
33.3 million people were internally displaced at the end of 2013 due to conflict and violence says a new report by the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC). This equates to a staggering increase of 4.5 million from 2012, signalling a record high for the second year running.
28.8 million internally displaced people worldwide in 2012, record high includes five-fold increase in Syria
GENEVA, 29 APRIL 2013: The number of people internally displaced by armed conflict, violence and human rights violations at the end of 2012 was 28.8 million, an increase of 2.4 million people on the previous year and the highest global figure ever reported by the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC).
El estado de la inseguridad alimentaria en el mundo 2009 es el 10.=BA informe de situación de la FAO sobre el hambre en el mundo desde la Cumbre Mundial sobre la Alimentación (CMA) de 1996. En el informe se destaca el hecho de que, incluso antes de que se produjeran la crisis alimentaria y la crisis económica, el n=FAmero de personas que padecían hambre había aumentado lenta pero constantemente.