Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- OCHA: Humanitarian Coordinator for Libya El Hillo condemns increasing attacks on civilians, calls for the respect of international humanitarian law and protection of civilians [EN/AR]. 8 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: Libya: Activities at Disembarkation, Monthly Update - September 2019. 11 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Libya Response in 2019 (11 October 2019) [EN/AR]. 11 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Update Libya (11 October 2019) [EN/AR]. 11 Oct 2019
- UNDP: Strengthening Local Capacities for Resilience and Recovery Project Updates Phase II. 14 Oct 2019
Camino Kavanagh and Bruce Jones
1). As we began the process of drafting this review, citizens across the Middle East and North Africa took to the streets to demand an end to the abusive practices of the security services, more representative and responsive government institutions, the protection of their rights, greater access to economic opportunity, participation in decision-making, and access to justice. They began demanding, in short, the rule of law.
Mass protests and political upheavals across the Middle East and North Africa, unexpected crises in Kyrgyzstan and Madagascar, ongoing conflicts, long-standing political stalemates, and countries recovering from conflict drove continued reliance on political missions over the past year.