Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- MSF: Closure of detention centre exposes migrants and refugees to even worse conditions. 17 Oct 2019
- UNSMIL: Three months after the kidnapping of MP Sergewa, UNSMIL calls for her immediate release and all victims of enforced disappearance in Libya. 17 Oct 2019
- FAO: GIEWS Country Brief: Libya 17-October-2019. 17 Oct 2019
- OCHA: Humanitarian Coordinator for Libya El Hillo condemns increasing attacks on civilians, calls for the respect of international humanitarian law and protection of civilians [EN/AR]. 8 Oct 2019
- FAO: FAO & WFP Mark World Food Day in Libya [EN/AR]. 16 Oct 2019
Joint IDMC-UNHCR press release - A record 33.3 million now displaced by war worldwide, as one family flees inside Syria every 60 seconds - Report
33.3 million people were internally displaced at the end of 2013 due to conflict and violence says a new report by the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC). This equates to a staggering increase of 4.5 million from 2012, signalling a record high for the second year running.
28.8 million internally displaced people worldwide in 2012, record high includes five-fold increase in Syria
GENEVA, 29 APRIL 2013: The number of people internally displaced by armed conflict, violence and human rights violations at the end of 2012 was 28.8 million, an increase of 2.4 million people on the previous year and the highest global figure ever reported by the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC).
People internally displaced by conflict and violence
For the last 14 years, the Norwegian Refugee Council’s Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre has monitored intern- al displacement resulting from conflict and violence across the world. In 2011, the number of people internally displaced by these causes stood at 26.4 million.