Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- MSF: SOS MEDITERRANEE and MSF call on European leaders to urgently allow disembarkation of 104 survivors. 28 Oct 2019
- ECHO: European Commission announces €2 million in humanitarian assistance to cover basic needs in Libya. 21 Oct 2019
- MSF: Closure of detention centre in Libya exposes migrants and refugees to even worse conditions. 17 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- UNHCR: UNHCR Resettlement Update #86 - Libya-Niger Situation. 13 Nov 2019
- Protection Cluster: Libya Gender-Based Violence AOR (Jan - Sept 2019) [EN/AR]. 12 Nov 2019
- OCHA: Libya: Humanitarian Dashboard (January - September 2019). 11 Nov 2019
- UNICEF: Our Education, Our Future: "The Ministry of Education and UNICEF launch this year’s Back to School Campaign". 6 Nov 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Update Libya (8 November 2019 ) [EN/AR]. 8 Nov 2019
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
The global terrorist threat continued to evolve rapidly in 2015, becoming increasingly decentralized and diffuse. Terrorist groups continued to exploit an absence of credible and effective state institutions, where avenues for free and peaceful expression of opinion were blocked, justice systems lacked credibility, and where security force abuses and government corruption went unchecked.