Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- ECHO: European Commission announces €2 million in humanitarian assistance to cover basic needs in Libya. 21 Oct 2019
- MSF: Closure of detention centre in Libya exposes migrants and refugees to even worse conditions. 17 Oct 2019
- OCHA: UN Humanitarian Coordinator for Libya condemns increasing attacks on civilians. 8 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- ECHO: Libya: €2 million in humanitarian assistance to cover basic needs. 21 Oct 2019
- MSF: Closure of detention centre exposes migrants and refugees to even worse conditions. 17 Oct 2019
- OCHA: Humanitarian Coordinator for Libya El Hillo condemns increasing attacks on civilians, calls for the respect of international humanitarian law and protection of civilians [EN/AR]. 8 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Update Libya (18 October 2019) [EN/AR]. 18 Oct 2019
- Amnesty: Libya’s relentless militia war: Civilians harmed in the battle for Tripoli, April-August 2019. 22 Oct 2019
Global trends and challenges
More than 1 per cent of people across the planet right now are caught up in major humanitarian crises. The international humanitarian system is more effective than ever at meeting their needs – but global trends including poverty, population growth and climate change are leaving more people than ever vulnerable to the devastating impacts of conflicts and disasters.
The global terrorist threat continued to evolve rapidly in 2015, becoming increasingly decentralized and diffuse. Terrorist groups continued to exploit an absence of credible and effective state institutions, where avenues for free and peaceful expression of opinion were blocked, justice systems lacked credibility, and where security force abuses and government corruption went unchecked.
El estado de la inseguridad alimentaria en el mundo 2009 es el 10.=BA informe de situación de la FAO sobre el hambre en el mundo desde la Cumbre Mundial sobre la Alimentación (CMA) de 1996. En el informe se destaca el hecho de que, incluso antes de que se produjeran la crisis alimentaria y la crisis económica, el n=FAmero de personas que padecían hambre había aumentado lenta pero constantemente.