Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- MSF: SOS MEDITERRANEE and MSF call on European leaders to urgently allow disembarkation of 104 survivors. 28 Oct 2019
- ECHO: European Commission announces €2 million in humanitarian assistance to cover basic needs in Libya. 21 Oct 2019
- MSF: Closure of detention centre in Libya exposes migrants and refugees to even worse conditions. 17 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- UNHCR: UNHCR Update Libya (8 November 2019 ) [EN/AR]. 8 Nov 2019
- UNICEF: Our Education, Our Future: "The Ministry of Education and UNICEF launch this year’s Back to School Campaign". 6 Nov 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Libya Response in 2019 (08 November 2019). 8 Nov 2019
- OCHA: Libya: Humanitarian Dashboard (January - September 2019). 11 Nov 2019
- UNHCR: Libya: Activities at Disembarkation, Monthly Update - October 2019. 6 Nov 2019
Threats and violence affecting emergency care
06 October 2018: In Mthatha town, King Sabata Dalindyebo municipality, two unidentified gunmen hijacked an ambulance with a driver still in it parked outside the Libode Clinic. Hours later, the police found the driver tied up in a forest and the ambulance abandoned nearby. Source:
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.