Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- MSF: SOS MEDITERRANEE and MSF call on European leaders to urgently allow disembarkation of 104 survivors. 28 Oct 2019
- ECHO: European Commission announces €2 million in humanitarian assistance to cover basic needs in Libya. 21 Oct 2019
- MSF: Closure of detention centre in Libya exposes migrants and refugees to even worse conditions. 17 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- IOM: Hunger, displacement and migration - A joint innovative approach to assessing needs of migrants in Libya. 15 Nov 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Update Libya (15 November 2019) [EN/AR]. 15 Nov 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Libya Response in 2019 (15 November 2019) [EN/AR]. 15 Nov 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Resettlement Update #86 - Libya-Niger Situation. 13 Nov 2019
- Protection Cluster: Libya Gender-Based Violence AOR Jan-Sept 2019 Updates [EN/AR]. 12 Nov 2019
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.