Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Headlines (last 30 days)
- ECHO: European Commission announces €2 million in humanitarian assistance to cover basic needs in Libya. 21 Oct 2019
- MSF: Closure of detention centre in Libya exposes migrants and refugees to even worse conditions. 17 Oct 2019
- OCHA: UN Humanitarian Coordinator for Libya condemns increasing attacks on civilians. 8 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- ECHO: Libya: €2 million in humanitarian assistance to cover basic needs. 21 Oct 2019
- MSF: Closure of detention centre exposes migrants and refugees to even worse conditions. 17 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: UNHCR Resettlement Update #83 - Libya-Niger Situation. 23 Oct 2019
- UNICEF: Seven children reported killed and scores injured as violence continues in Libya. 22 Oct 2019
- IOM: IOM Libya Update, 01 - 15 October 2019. 22 Oct 2019
Global trends and challenges
More than 1 per cent of people across the planet right now are caught up in major humanitarian crises. The international humanitarian system is more effective than ever at meeting their needs – but global trends including poverty, population growth and climate change are leaving more people than ever vulnerable to the devastating impacts of conflicts and disasters.
7 March 2018
A few days ago, we celebrated the centenary year of Nelson Mandela’s birth. We spoke of his example; his fortitude, his suffering and compassion, while recalling also the declaration that he and my predecessor Mary Robinson signed in 2000 on diversity and tolerance.