Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- Arab League: Joint Statement of the International Support Group for Lebanon (23 January 2020) [EN/AR]. 23 Jan 2020
- UN SG: Liban: le Secrétaire général salue l’annonce de la formation d’un nouveau Gouvernement. 23 Jan 2020
- UNICEF: UNICEF calls on all stakeholders to put children first and ensure their safeguarding in these times of crisis in Lebanon. 10 Jan 2020
- Arab League: Joint Statement of the International Support Group for Lebanon [EN/AR]. 21 Jan 2020
- UN SG: Secretary-General Welcomes Formation of New Government in Lebanon. 23 Jan 2020
Many countries around the world are experiencing measles outbreaks. As of 5 November 2019, there have been 440,263 confirmed cases reported to WHO through official monthly reporting by 187 Member States in 2019.
The following is a brief update on the global measles situation based on information shared by Member States with WHO. Note that this is an evolving situation and data is constantly updated. Data below are based on the latest information available to WHO.
Global Overview FEBRUARY 2018
Global Overview DECEMBER 2017
The global burden of Improvised Explosive Devices
Iain Overton and Jennifer Dathan
There is no day that goes past without the impact of an improvised explosive device (IED) making headlines around the world. Of all explosive weapons used, the IED is the most widespread, the most harmful and the most pernicious. Based on the belief that to overcome a problem, we must first understand it, this monitor is a small step in seeking to address the terrible realities of today.
It is a monitor that is, also, a response to a call to action.