Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- HRW: Lebanon: Hospital Crisis Endangering Health. 10 Dec 2019
- JRS: Lebanon: Learning to dream again. 10 Dec 2019
- UNHCR: US producer helps Syrian singer give voice to her dreams. 6 Dec 2019
- UNICEF: Nearly 1 million children to be immunized against Measles in Lebanon. 6 Dec 2019
- OCHA: Lebanon: Beirut Governorate profile (As of 21 June 2019). 18 Nov 2019
Many countries around the world are experiencing measles outbreaks. As of 5 November 2019, there have been 440,263 confirmed cases reported to WHO through official monthly reporting by 187 Member States in 2019.
The following is a brief update on the global measles situation based on information shared by Member States with WHO. Note that this is an evolving situation and data is constantly updated. Data below are based on the latest information available to WHO.
Global Overview FEBRUARY 2018
Antimicrobial resistance (AMR) is a critical public health issue globally. If we are to preserve human and animal health, policy interventions and global collaboration are vital to improve our understanding of AMR dynamics and to inform containment and mitigation strategies.
Global Overview DECEMBER 2017
The global burden of Improvised Explosive Devices
Iain Overton and Jennifer Dathan
There is no day that goes past without the impact of an improvised explosive device (IED) making headlines around the world. Of all explosive weapons used, the IED is the most widespread, the most harmful and the most pernicious. Based on the belief that to overcome a problem, we must first understand it, this monitor is a small step in seeking to address the terrible realities of today.
It is a monitor that is, also, a response to a call to action.