Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- OCHA: Lebanon: Beirut Governorate profile (As of 21 June 2019). 18 Nov 2019
- Salesians: Lebanon: Salesian missionaries continue to provide education and social programs amidst growing unrest and economic hardship in the country. 21 Nov 2019
- OCHA: Lebanon: Akkar Governorate profile (As of 21 June 2019). 18 Nov 2019
- ANERA: My introduction to the Palestinian refugee crisis in Lebanon. 19 Nov 2019
- UNICEF: Children and young people in Lebanon share their concerns and recommendations for a brighter future. 19 Nov 2019
I. INTRODUCTION The recent refugee MHPSS literature eventually reflects the dominance of the symptom-focused trauma-centered approach. As a matter of fact, it reports increased rates of emotional and behavioral dysfunctions among children and youth, as well as symptoms of anxiety, stress, depression or Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) that often mirror those of adults, even though most of the population does not explicitly meet the diagnostic criteria of those psychiatric disorders (Lustig et al., 2004; Al Amine et al., 2007).