Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- ECHO: Lebanon | Forest Fires – DG ECHO Daily Map | 16/10/2019. 16 Oct 2019
- UNOSAT: Lebanon & Syria: Imagery analysis: 15-16 October 2019 | Published 17 October 2019 | Version 1.0. 17 Oct 2019
- ECHO: Lebanon - Forest fires (DG ECHO, Lebanese Civil Defence, JRC-GWIS, Copernicus EMSR, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 16 October 2019). 16 Oct 2019
- ECHO: Lebanon - Forest fires update (Lebanese Civil Defence, DG ECHO, JRC-EFFIS, Copernicus EMSR, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 17 October 2019). 17 Oct 2019
- UNDP: Social Stability Sector 3Ws Mapping: January - June 2019, Inter-Agency Coordination Lebanon (as of 17 Oct 2019). 17 Oct 2019
This report aims to contribute to a better understanding of the impact of disasters in the Arab states. The study provides an assessment, interpretation and visualization of ten national disaster loss databases from the region (i.e.: Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia and Yemen) including damage and loss data from the previous thirty years.
Following the Syrian Crisis, the majority of refugees are being hosted in communities that are among the poorest in the country, including the North of Lebanon and the Bekaa. These communities suffer from poor water services due to lack of adequate infrastructure and have limited means to expand local sources of livelihood including agriculture.