Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- ECHO: Lebanon | Forest Fires – DG ECHO Daily Map | 16/10/2019. 16 Oct 2019
- ECHO: Lebanon - Forest fires (DG ECHO, Lebanese Civil Defence, JRC-GWIS, Copernicus EMSR, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 16 October 2019). 16 Oct 2019
- UNDP: Lebanon: Health 2019 Mid-Year Statistical Dashboard. 14 Oct 2019
- DRC: Referral Information Management System (RIMS) Snapshot - September 2019. 16 Oct 2019
- DRC: Improving Service Coordination through Timely, Efficient, and Accountable referrals - Referral Information Management System (RIMS) - July 2019. 16 Oct 2019
Victoria Metcalfe, Marcus Manuel and Alastair McKechnie
As the conflict in Syria continues, its political, security, economic and social spill-over effects have intensified across the Middle East and beyond. The flow of refugees from Syria to its neighbours – Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey – has increased rapidly, with 4.28 million people registered in these five countries.
This report sets out the risks to food security in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) from climate change, and how these vulnerabilities interact with other key trends and sources of risk, including population growth, urbanisation, and conflict.
Syria crisis: Social cohesion in neighboring countries is now at risk
"Now is the time for action to support resilience" - states a new report released today by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Overseas Development Institute (ODI) about the impact of the Syria crisis in the sub-region.