Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- UNDP: Lebanon: Health 2019 Mid-Year Statistical Dashboard. 14 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: Lebanon: Inter-Agency - Education - Mid-Year 2019 Dashboard. 14 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: Lebanon: Inter-Agency - Basic Assistance 2019 Jan-June Update. 14 Oct 2019
- UNDP: Lebanon: Inter-Agency - Energy Mid Year 2019 Dashboard. 14 Oct 2019
- UNHCR: Syria Refugee Response Lebanon: Bekaa & Baalbek-El Hermel Governorate - Distribution of the Registered Syrian Refugees at the Cadastral Level (As of 30 September 2019). 11 Oct 2019
The exercise organized on 27 and 28 November to evaluate the functioning of the Tsunami Warning System for the North East Atlantic, Mediterranean and Adjacent Seas has taken place as scheduled. This real-time simulation, based on four scenarios in which earthquakes provoked tsunamis in different regions, demonstrated that the communication system for sending and receiving alert messages to concerned national authorities, worked smoothly.
A simulated tsunami will strike the western and eastern coasts of the Mediterranean Sea and the North East Atlantic shoreline on 27 and 28 November, to test the Tsunami Early Warning and Mitigation System for the North-eastern Atlantic, the Mediterranean and connected seas. The exercise, named NEAMWave12, is organized under the umbrella of UNESCO’s Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (IOC).