Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- WHO: Measles - Lebanon | Disease outbreak news, 22 October 2019. 22 Oct 2019
- UNOSAT: Lebanon - Aley and Chouf Districts, Mount Lebanon Governorate: Imagery analysis: 19 October 2019 | Published 21 October 2019 | Version 1.0. 21 Oct 2019
- Int'l Charter: Akkar, Tartous & Homs Governorates, Lebanon & Syria: Imagery analysis: 21 October 2019 | Published 22 October 2019 | Version 1.0. 22 Oct 2019
- ICG: Lebanon’s Revolt. 21 Oct 2019
- BioMed Central: The governmental health policy-development process for Syrian refugees: an embedded qualitative case studies in Lebanon and Ontario. 23 Oct 2019
Sixty-second General Assembly
17th & 18th Meetings (AM & PM)
Presses Case for Special Representative to Address Violence against Children
A year after presenting a landmark report on violence against children, Paulo Sērgio Pinheiro, the Independent Expert who directed the study for the United Nations, reiterated his call to the Third Committee (Social, Humanitarian and Cultural) for more attention to be paid to the plight of child victims of violence -- wherever they might be in the world.
Over 200 million for Education in Emergency and Post Crisis Countries
GENEVA/THE HAGUE, 22 December 2006 - Millions of children in the developing world have a new ray of hope as the Dutch government today announced it has pledged $201 million to UNICEF to radically expand the agency's ongoing efforts to ensure that children in conflict, natural disasters and emerging from crisis can go to school.
It is the single largest earmarked donation UNICEF has received in its 60-year history.