Appeals & Response Plans
Headlines (last 30 days)
- UNICEF: UNICEF providing winter assistance to 142,000 vulnerable children in Lebanon. 12 Feb 2020
Most read reports
- UNICEF: The Ministry of Public Health and the Lebanese Pediatric Society urge parents to get their children vaccinated against measles. 17 Feb 2020
- UNICEF: UNICEF providing winter assistance to 142,000 vulnerable children and heating fuel for 560 public schools in Lebanon. 12 Feb 2020
- Arab League: Joint Statement of the International Support Group for Lebanon (12 February 2020) [EN/AR]. 15 Feb 2020
- UNSCOL: Interview of UN Special Coordinator for Lebanon Jan Kubis with Independent Arabia [EN/AR]. 10 Feb 2020
- UNHCR: Lebanon: LCRP 2019 End Year Funding Update v1 (as of 31 December 2019). 13 Feb 2020
Disease outbreaks in Eastern Mediterranean Region (EMR), January to December 2019
In 2019 alone, eight countries in the Eastern Mediterranean Region (EMR) experienced major outbreaks of high threat pathogens. Some of these outbreaks started during previous year (s) and can not be contained while others emerged exclusively during 2019.
Current major event
Dengue fever Sudan
The Federal Ministry of Health, Republic of Sudan has recently declared an outbreak of dengue fever in Kassala State that started from August 8, 2019. Between August 8 and October 13, 2019, a total 142 cases of suspected dengue fever with one associated death was reported from two states; Kassala and North Darfur. The outbreak has been laboratoryconfirmed with 31 samples out of 77 collected testing positive for dengue.