Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- ECHO: Lebanon | Forest Fires – DG ECHO Daily Map | 16/10/2019. 16 Oct 2019
- UNOSAT: Lebanon & Syria: Imagery analysis: 15-16 October 2019 | Published 17 October 2019 | Version 1.0. 17 Oct 2019
- ECHO: Lebanon - Forest fires (DG ECHO, Lebanese Civil Defence, JRC-GWIS, Copernicus EMSR, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 16 October 2019). 16 Oct 2019
- Euro-Med Monitor: Lebanese security services should respect demonstrators’ right to peaceful assembly, says Euro-Med. 18 Oct 2019
- ECHO: Lebanon - Forest fires update (Lebanese Civil Defence, DG ECHO, JRC-EFFIS, Copernicus EMSR, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 17 October 2019). 17 Oct 2019
WHO SYRIA renovation of four psychiatric health facilities estimated to provide mental health services to more than 11,000 patients
WHO IRAQ eight mobile medical clinics have been handed to the MOH Iraq as part of WHO’s response to ensure access to health care services for internally displaced people.
WHO LEBANON organised a hepatitis A mission in collaboration with the European centre for disease control and expanded programme on immunization epidemiology training to explore best strategies of vaccination against Hepatitis A
From October to December 2014, WFP assisted 917,729 individuals; 886,556 Syrian refugees, 9,622 new arrivals and 21,551 Palestine refugees from Syria.
As of December 2014, WFP contracted 398 shops across Lebanon and injected over US$393 million into the Lebanese economy through its voucher programme since January 2013.
Mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) is a priority component of any emergency response. MHPSS should be based on knowledge, available resources and effectiveness of interventions. To achieve this research has a key role to play.
Ethics can be defined as: a system, or code of moral principles, to guide us to determine what behaviours or actions are helpful or harmful.
Representatives from the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and the Ministry of Interior and representatives from Mafraq and Irbid municipalities with UNDP team members from the "Mitigating the Impact of the Syrian Refugee Crisis on Jordanian Vulnerable Host Communities project participated in a two days' workshop conducted by UNDP Lebanon based on invitation from UNDP Jordan titled: "Maps of Risks and Resources" (MRR).
29 December 2014 – The United Nations Special Coordinator for Lebanon, Derek Plumbly, met in Beirut today with Prime Minister Tamam Salam to discuss the grave security challenges faced by the country this year, as well as progress made to promote dialogue between political parties.
“We discussed today the security situation, including the implementation of resolution 1701 and the crucial role played by the army both in the south and elsewhere in the country,” said Mr. Plumbly.
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE MONTH
966 change agents trained, 1238 beneficiaries of livelihoods activities
KEY ACHIEVEMENT OF THE MONTH
27,434 vulnerable families received 4,827,600 USD in cash assistance.
Winterization activities have started by distributing in-kind items (blankets, stoves, clothes), vouchers and cash assistance, to support beneficiaries survive winter and meet heightened basic needs without adverse effects or increased negative coping mechanisms:
37,800 families in substandard buildings are in urgent need for assistance.
By the end of November 2014, all agencies reported shelter assistance reaching 407,715 individuals this year. This includes 310,370 SYR - 60,778 PRS - 2,237 LRS - 34,330 Affected Lebanese.
KEY ACHIEVEMENT OF THE MONTH
893,478 refugees and vulnerable host members received food assistance.
WASH is working with MoPH on risk reduction for WASH related disease outbreak.
The recent Global hand washing day, themed “Your health is in your hands”, was strongly supported by over 20 WASH actors across Lebanon reaching over 100,000 individuals, particularly children through a variety of activities such as songs, videos, dances and theatre. The event involved child protection, wash, education and health sectors and was coordinated through the WASH Hygiene Promotion Group.
KEY FACT OF THE MONTH
Refugee participation in legal awareness sessions exceeded end-2014 target
184 PHC centers provided with medical supplies and equipment
UNICEF 2015 Plan Highlights
• The WASH programme will continue the transition from first-phase emergency services to more sustainable, and costeffective systems, and reinforcing WASH services in areas impacted by refugee influx.
• Health programmes will increase access to health care for refugee and impacted host population, including strengthening routine immunization and campaigns especially for polio which continues to threaten the region.
The Deputy Minister for the German Economic Cooperation and Development Mr. Thomas Silberhorn, and the German Ambassador to Lebanon Mr. Christian Clages and UNDP country director Mr. Luca Renda visited the village of Qabb Eliass in bekaa to follow up on the German funded projects through the Lebanon Host Communities Support Project (LHSP).