Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- UNHCR: Humanitarian Impact Assessment of Lebanon’s Ongoing Social Unrest and Possible Economic Crisis on Women and Girls. 11 Dec 2019
- UNDP: Lebanon: Inter-Agency Coordination (North Lebanon Sector Update). 12 Dec 2019
- HRW: Lebanon: Hospital Crisis Endangering Health. 10 Dec 2019
- Theirworld: People's Postcode Lottery players raise £500m for good causes including Theirworld. 11 Dec 2019
- JRS: Lebanon: Learning to dream again. 10 Dec 2019
WHY THIS REPORT?
For several years the number of people who cannot meet their daily food needs without humanitarian assistance has been rising, primarily driven by two factors: persistent instability in conflict-ridden regions and adverse climate events.
Estimations mondiales de l’insécurité alimentaire aiguë en 2018
The Global Food Security update provides a quarterly overview of key food security trends in vulnerable countries. Information is provided by WFP VAM field teams and partners.
• In Syria, revised estimates indicate that the number of IDPs has risen to 6.5 million from 4.25 million in July. Vulnerability is increasing due to conflict, reduced economic activity, reduced crop production and high prices. As of October, UNHCR reports that over 2 million Syrians had found refuge in neighboring countries.