Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- UNICEF: Nearly 1 million children to be immunized against Measles in Lebanon. 6 Dec 2019
- UNHCR: US producer helps Syrian singer give voice to her dreams. 6 Dec 2019
- OCHA: Lebanon: Beirut Governorate profile (As of 21 June 2019). 18 Nov 2019
- UNHCR: Lebanon: Inter-sector Leaders and Sector Coordinators - December 2019. 4 Dec 2019
- Amnesty: Lebanon: Military forces must end arbitrary arrests and torture of protesters. 1 Dec 2019
WHY THIS REPORT?
For several years the number of people who cannot meet their daily food needs without humanitarian assistance has been rising, primarily driven by two factors: persistent instability in conflict-ridden regions and adverse climate events.
Estimations mondiales de l’insécurité alimentaire aiguë en 2018
Towards the end of the fourth quarter, CERF and its humanitarian partners were challenged by a series of large, complex crises, including three system-wide level-three (L3) emergencies. These crises, in countries including the Central African Republic (CAR), the Philippines, Syria and Yemen, have affected 35 million people who urgently needed emergency relief, protection and basic services. CERF was there to provide a lifeline.
Item 72 (a) of the provisional agenda
Strengthening of the coordination of humanitarian and
disaster relief assistance of the United Nations, including
special economic assistance: strengthening of the coordination