Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- UNDP: Lebanon: Inter-Agency Coordination - 2019 October Statistical Dashboard. 13 Dec 2019
- OCHA: Assisting survivors of gender-based violence in Lebanon. 13 Dec 2019
- UNHCR: Humanitarian Impact Assessment of Lebanon’s Ongoing Social Unrest and Possible Economic Crisis on Women and Girls. 11 Dec 2019
- UNDP: Lebanon: Inter-Agency Coordination (North Lebanon Sector Update). 12 Dec 2019
- HRW: Lebanon: Hospital Crisis Endangering Health. 10 Dec 2019
Towards the end of the fourth quarter, CERF and its humanitarian partners were challenged by a series of large, complex crises, including three system-wide level-three (L3) emergencies. These crises, in countries including the Central African Republic (CAR), the Philippines, Syria and Yemen, have affected 35 million people who urgently needed emergency relief, protection and basic services. CERF was there to provide a lifeline.
Member States and the private sector contributed $474 million to CERF for 2013—the highest-ever annual total. An additional $6.7 million was pledged and remains outstanding.
CERF received more than $507 million in contributions during 2013, including payments for 2012 and early funding for 2014. See table on the right for more details.