Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- UNHCR: US producer helps Syrian singer give voice to her dreams. 6 Dec 2019
- UNICEF: Nearly 1 million children to be immunized against Measles in Lebanon. 6 Dec 2019
- OCHA: Lebanon: Beirut Governorate profile (As of 21 June 2019). 18 Nov 2019
- Govt. Lebanon: Lebanon Crisis Response Plan 2017-2020 (2019 update). 31 Jan 2019
- UNHCR: Lebanon: Inter-sector Leaders and Sector Coordinators - December 2019. 4 Dec 2019
1. A significant increase in the numbers of persons of concern to UNHCR brought new challenges in 2006. While there was a 14 per cent increase in refugee numbers from the previous year, the Office's involvement, together with other humanitarian partners, in protecting and assisting internally displaced persons (IDPs) under the inter-agency cluster approach, resulted in a doubling of IDP figures. Thanks to better data capturing, many more stateless people have been identified, also swelling numbers.